Friday, August 10, 2007

Pool Day!



The summer has officially started... Molly's first pool day! I decided to call up the girls from my ward and get together for a fun day in the sun. My friend Bethany has a resort-type pool at her apartments so I figured that would be the best spot to meet. I hunted everywhere for a swimsuit for a three month old and had no luck. So I made my peace with an over sized hat and a swim diaper. She had issues with the hat but I made it work. When we first got in she was shocked by the temperature ("Hey, this isn't the tub!") but quickly got used to the water. By the end of the day she was screaming if she wasn't in the pool. We only had one diaper blowout and thank goodness it was outside of the pool. I could just imagine the office having to shut down the pool because my child pooped in it (oh but I'm sure it will happen one day). All in all it was a lot of fun and the moment she was strapped into her car seat she was out like a light. Now I know the real reason why mothers want a pool in their backyard.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Welcome, welcome...how is Molly doing btw? Is she sleeping better for you? I'm gonna love reading your blog, I know it!